Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to work - posted by Sylvia

It's been a very hectic 4 weeks back at work. I started back at AMP in a similar role to last time ie Business Implementation Manager focusing on internal staff. The differences are that I'm not managing the Business Analyst team like last time and this project is sooooo much bigger. It really hasn't helped that we were only 6 weeks from Release 1 when I started back and so I've been on the back foot since. My days are spent reeling from one crisis to the next, I'm batted back and forth between meetings to my desk where I can barely spend half an hour doing some work, making some phone calls, raising issues - but when can I find time to fix them! Lunch is a meal normally eaten at around 3-4pm in the afternoon. Enough about my boring work life.
On the plus side the kids have both slipped into their carers routine with only minor hiccups. Darcy loves going to my mum and loves being with Taylor, Kardia and my mum. Joss initially enjoyed being looked after by Coby and going home with Ava. Then he started saying he didn't like it because 'Ava was mean to me'. Ava is an only child and understandably doesn't really like sharing her mum with anyone.

No comments: